I remember all the Doctor Who fanfics I used to read where Rose often got badly stereotyped as a damsel in distress whom the Doctor had to swoop in and save and smooch but the way I remember Doctor Who 90% of their relationship was the Doctor just setting Rose loose on people who had done something to offend them and sitting back giggling in the corner as she shouted
setting Rose loose
- Doctor: Here we are! Feudal Japan. Oh, just look at that architecture! Love those roofs.
- Companion: Why aren't they speaking Japanese?
- Doctor: They are! You're just hearing English. TARDIS Translation Matrix, gets inside your head.
- Companion: They all sound like Vic Mignogna.
- Doctor: Yeah it'll do that.
petition for the next companion to not be a white girl in her 20s who crushes on the Doctor
petition for the next companion to be a grumpy chinese-american grandma who complains about plot-holes and knits the doctor horrific time-travel-themed sweaters to wear when she thinks it’s cold out (most of the time)
reblogging because this is the best idea ever